Henry's thoughts

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Gift of forgiveness

I know that pope had passed away few months ago. But I read a story about him which explains to me what is the greatest gift in this world. It is not money, properties or jewelleries, it is something that seems so invaluable to you, but priceless to another. Let me use Pope's real life experience to tell you what is actually this gift.

As we all knew, Pope was once shot in one of his trip. Fortunately, Pope survived and the assasin was arrested. However, instead of bearing grudges upon the assasin, Pope visited him in his prison cells and forgave him. This act by the Pope will always live in my memory till i return to the ground.

As we can see from the above, the greatest gift from a person is forgiveness. When one forgives another, you remove guilt from his heart and make him feel relieve again. I am not trying to be a great thinker or philosopher. I have experienced many drastic events this past few months and I learnt that to forgive someone is the best gift that you can give to that person, and being forgiven is the greatest gift that I have ever received from someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home